VISITATION RULES AND GUIDELINES DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
The following rules and guidelines are applicable to all of the Elmwood Communities.
For the safety of our residents, please do not visit, if any of the following apply:
- Sore Throat
- New Shortness of Breath
- Not feeling well
- Sleepier than normal
- Loss of appetite
- Been exposed to anyone with COVID 19 within the past 14 days
- Been at another healthcare setting that has confirmed or is being investigated for COVID-19 cases
- All visitors must self-screen when entering the facility prior to each visit which shall include temperature checks and blood oxygen levels so please do not take any fever-reducing medication within 6 hours a visit.
- All visitors must wear a facial covering. If a visitor does not have a facial covering, one will be provided. If you and your loved one has been fully vaccinated, you may remove your mask when in private.
- Visitors will be provided with a handout about precautions, prevention, risk of spread and the impact of COVID-19 for our residents at the screening table, is desired.
Visitation may be halted if the CEO determines there is an increase in case status in the surrounding community, case status in the facility, staffing levels are not adequate, access to adequate testing for residents or access to personal protective equipment is limited or there is not adequate local hospital capacity to care for COVID positive patients.